Looking for That's Loverly Photography? Link: thatsloverly.com

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Side Table

  I knew I needed a good side table for beside the glider in the nursery. One day after work last Spring I dropped in the Goodwill at my school and stumbled across this cute little table for $9.99. Oh, did I mention it was a 50% off day? Yep, I bought this little beauty for $4.99 plus tax. :)

Okay… where on earth did my before pictures go? Weird. I know I took some. I was able to crop this blurry one out of another picture so I guess this will have to do.

table

It was rickety and the stain was peeling off all over the place. It’s an ooooold table. If it weren’t in such bad shape, I might have hesitated before I painted over the thing.

Once again I used my Zinsser Cover Stain primer to cover the whole thing and used Behr Ultra paint in a flat soft white color. After the final coat of paint (about 3 total) I gave it two coats of Polycrylic (a sealer like polyurethane that’s water-based and doesn’t yellow over white paint).

Here it is in the garage (propped up on a bucket so I could get the underside easier).

BabyNurseryStuff_0109

And the finished product all set up in the nursery! Love it!!!

table

Not bad for a $5 table and some paint, huh?

1 comment:

uglythenpretty.com said...

Great job! Had to post about it @
www.uglythenpretty.com