Looking for That's Loverly Photography? Link: thatsloverly.com

Monday, June 28, 2010

Weeks 9 & 11

Pregnancy update!

I was going to post picture of my progress… but Bronce decided having pics of me in a sports bra wasn’t something he was up for. So… no baby bump pictures for ya. Maybe when I start growing and it’s noticeable in regular clothes I’ll show you some progress…

Weight Gain…

Well, the strange thing is I’m still down from my starting weight. I dropped 4 pounds almost immediately during my nausea phase. I’m eating like a freak right now… yet still down 3.5 pounds. No complaints here! I know it will catch up to me at some point, so I’m not getting my hopes up about being one of those skinny preggo girls. I’ve had far too many friends express excitement about seeing me get fat… I’d be offended if I didn’t think it was funny. I do feel like I’ve put on some weight on my face at this point, but not sure.

Post-Preggo Goals

Bronce and I will be attending 2 fancy weddings this summer. The first was this past weekend when our friend David Haynes married his sweet bride Katie. David was in our wedding and grew up with the Rodgers boys. The wedding was a fun reunion of sorts – all the guys grew up on the same street and the families are pretty close. The wedding was a who’s-who of Knoxville – and of Tennessee politics (David’s brother Ryan Haynes is a State rep… they were married by US Representative John Duncan). So, needless to say, I needed a fancy dress (meaning… not from Target, hah!). I decided this would also be my post-preggo goal. If I can fit into this dress next summer (eek, is that too fast?) I’ll be a happy, happy girl. Here we are Saturday night:

Wedding_0000 copy

Isn’t my man adorable? :) My baby daddy is a real looker!

I’ll be wearing the same dress to another wedding this summer – my cousin Jon is marrying the sweetest girl, Suzy, in Newark this July. I did the “pooch test” to make sure I can still wear it if I’m showing a little… it stretches, no worries.

We go to the doctor Thursday, July 8th, for our next appointment and ultrasound. We have some friends who are pregnant (she’s due the day before us!) and they said their last ultrasound picture showed the baby looking less alien and more baby. So, yay for that!

From The Bump:

image

 

Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.

 

 

 

A lime?!!!!?? How is that possible? That seems huge! The “1:1 ratio between body and head” seems a bit freaky. I’ve got to say… the early baby formation stuff gets downright weird sometimes. A friend said the other day this is the time the eyes move from the side of the head to the front of the baby’s head?! What the heck? Okay, moving on…

Actually I guess that’s all I’ve got for baby stuff today. Perhaps more later.

1 comment:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

awe you're so cute! congratulations! {the skinny "im pregnant" shots kinda make me sick. I used to look like that...womp womp. hahaha!} hope you enjoy every moment of eating. THAT, and the baby moving are the parts that I miss!!!